Parents, here are some questions that will stimulate conversation with your child about your finances. Use these as a guide while reading the books; clicking on the cardinal offers in-text questions as well.
1. How much does your family save for various future needs, such as a new car, or a new home or even retirement?
2. Where does your family save money for the future, such as a bank, or in stocks, or in bonds?
3. What is a reasonable price to earnings ratio for stocks in good companies?
4. How much dividends do good companies produce?
5. Why do some states tax income at different rates than others? Do you live in a ‘high tax’ state or a ‘low tax’ state?