Parents, here are some questions that will stimulate conversation with your child about your finances. Use these as a guide while reading the books; clicking on the mushroom in the lower right-hand corner offers in-text questions as well.
1. Why are rapid changes in the price of a stock, called ‘volatility’, worrying to an investor?
2. Who keeps the records of this rapid trading so that transaction costs and taxes can be paid?
3. Is ‘day trading’ useful when the market is going up? Going down?
4. Is there a way ‘day trading’ taxes can be minimized?
5. Is it better for an investor to ‘day trade’ using the internet or a ‘full service broker’?