Parents, here are some questions that will stimulate conversation with your child about your finances. Use these as a guide while reading the books; clicking on the pheasant in the lower right-hand corner offers in-text questions as well.
1. What is meant by ‘default’?
2. What are the differences among corporate bonds, treasury bonds, zero coupon bonds, and municipal bonds, considering safety, return, and taxation?
3. What is the difference between bond maturity date and bond duration?
4. Why does my bond decrease in price when the government interest rates are raised?
5. What is the difference between long bonds and short bonds and which is preferred when interest rates are being raised – and why?